As social media has grown in popularity, both for recreational and business use, many investors, like Arthur Trueger, are interested in the outlook of the this new web technology. Here are some proposed trends for the upcoming year.
1. Consumers will continue to rely on social media platforms to research products and service.
2. The growth in data and content created by the social media will also bring change to the traditional search models.
3. Likewise traditional models for businesses to research their consumers will fundamentally change.
4. Customer feedback and the social network will overtake price, and in some cases brand as a major factor in online purchase decisions
5. The data generated from Web 2.0 will be increasingly important to all organisations, not just to web based businesses
To see what the other five trends are click here.